In these times of great uncertainty for our Muslim neighbors, a distinguished panel of guests from the Muslim Community Center of Pleasanton will be hosted by Orinda Community Church. We welcome this panel in furtherance of religious tolerance and as part of an interfaith exploration of common values. Lunch will be served before the panel discussion. Written questions will be answered following the discussion. Friends and guests are welcome.
We begin with a shared meal, then move into a time of presentation and conversation with guests from the Muslim Community Center of Pleasanton.
- "Islam 101": Basic Tenets of the Islamic Faith
- "Addressing Common Misconceptions"
- "Why I'm a Better American After Islam"
- "Jihad" and "War" in Islam"
- The Role of Women in Muslim Communities
- Addressing the Elephant in the Room - What do Muslims think about ISIS?